Monday, 14 January 2013

Tiny voice from a newbie vegeterian

CR was a vegetarian when I was in uni year 4. Reason was because my sister turned into vegetarian as she is a Tzu Chi Volunteer and I was touched by how a dog saved a human life in Sze Chuan earthquake. From the day onward, my close friends turned vege lover as I catered most of their food. The vegetarian life went on well till I had a new relationship then started to have meat as sometimes its really hard to fight temptation. 
But I did reduce lots of meat. 
Until last October, I became a full time vegetarian and I was very sure about my vegetarian journey after I joined Tzu Ching Amazing Vero Race. It was really an amazing race that I switched to a vegetarian immediately. I am not really against meat lover as I believe some how we need them. However I am really disagree with how we human treat animal just to fulfill our desire. The race taught me how a vegetarian could help to ease the strain on our Mother Earth's resources, protect our planet from pollution,  prevent global warming, and save more lives. 
I know this is not an easy journey as I have my own desire too. However this practice creates alot of awareness in me. First and foremost is intention. I believe in strong intention and faith in action. As long as we have strong intention, we will stay committed and put faith in action. I am so thankful to my friends who make this journey even easier as my close friends always cook vege for me and have vegetarian food with me. What can I ask for more when everyone is being so supportive. Another awareness that I have is environment. We need a really empowering environment and I am glad I have one strong one that encourage me to continue this journey freely. Currently I am outstation at Ho Chi Minh and I have vegetarian meal all the time. Its easy to fall sometimes so thats why we need empowering friends. I have a strong believe that my future partner will support my vegetarian journey and we will empower each other. 
I would not say I will definitely be always strong in my practice as I am still a human but I set a really strong intention and I am definitely commit to it. I will stay aware and empower. 
Hopefully my readers will have at least one vegetarian meal after you read this post :) Oh yeah, you may always google the advantage of taking vegetable and how to stay a balance diet :) It helps alot. Happy "vegetable-ing" my dear friends. Love you all...

0 comments:

Post a Comment