Monday, 2 June 2014

When I was sedated Part II

I was awake after 13 days at ICU. After a while I only found out what happened were all my illusions. My family members were worrying outside the room and praying to hope I could wake up and be fine soon. It was heartbroken knowing my family members worrying for me. So what exactly had happened ? 
28th Feb Friday
At 4pm i was transferred from Normah to SGH and immediately went to emergency. After X Ray, doctors found out my lungs were both infected. Then I been sent to ICU then sedated.
1st March Saturday
My throat and lungs were badly infected ; liver enzyme was super high too. 
2nd March Sunday
Miracle happened. Baby Arthur was born in the morning and doctors claimed it as a spontaneous delivery. He was such a beautiful baby. How can that be possibly happen when I was so ill and I wasnt even aware at all. Doctors said I pushed when they asked me..Till now I have no memory that I gave birth.... Arthur is such a warrior...he saved his own life and also my life.
I wonder how my family members felt at that moment. Happy... Terrified...Worried..Thankful...
Immediately after born, baby Arthur was sent to NICU and put on a respirator.
3rd March Monday
My sis and bro in law (Alice and Yee Ho) arrived in the morning from UK. They are both doctors and I really thankful that they flew all the way. My MIL was very upset that she cried when she saw Alice. I could their sadness and worries. Thank God that Alice and yee Ho were there and that made my family understood more of my situation. Fuli and Christina ( my in laws as well) arrived the same day). I been told that two of my cousins came to visit me as well and few of my friends. Really appreciate...
4th March Tuesday
My liver enzyme went sky high. I believed everyone was super worry. 
5th March Wednesday
My liver enzyme dropped and I had mere conscious. However my AST was high ( i duno whats that :p), I had water around my heart but both lungs and throat were recovery. 
6th March Thursday
I slowly got better. I been told that Hilda and her group of friends were praying for me which I really thankful for. Sister Tiong who my mom met at Normah prayed for me as well. 
7th March Friday
I still had high fever but no more low glucose. My liver was good , CT Scan all good but fungal infection on throat. I was given IV antibiotic. My uncle and aunty were there as well. Doctors said if i still not woken by Monday, they will make a hole on my neck .
At the same day, baby Arthur came off high frequency ventilator. Still I had high fever but I started to breath by myself in the afternoon. 
8th March Saturday
All was stable but high fever still there. Baby Arthur was doing great as he off rapid ventilator and feeding was well. Alice and yee Ho still there with me..talking to me everyday... I started to move my heands in the afternoon when Alice was talking to me. Mom told me that I cried when she talked to me. Sis was worried everyday ..... For the first time, my dad started to lose hope...
Tony played me thousands years and Hannah's song as they were both my favourite. During the hardest time of Tony's , his best friends flew in and called everyday to make sure he was fine. Friendship.... beautiful....
9th March Sunday
I opened my eyes at 720am. Tony was so happy that he called everyone. He was in joy and happiness. However I wasn't fully awake and my movements were still limited. I was still weak. Again Tony played me Thousands years and hannah's prayer. Alice and Yee Ho flew back UK. It must be a tough week for them. 
ENT doctor checked my throat and it all looked good. I started to response by giving a node or shake my head side to side. 
10th March Monday
I was awake and more alert but I didn't sleep the whole night. I was a bit confused about what happened

Actually I had no memories of all the things that I wrote above. Tony wrote down what happened. Most of my memories were illusion and thats why doctors suspected I had depression. life is really interesting. there are some things in life that are out of your control that you can't change and you got to live with it. When I was fully awake... I felt miserable.....


0 comments:

Post a Comment