Sunday, 1 June 2014

Fever and Tonsillitis during my 6th month pregnancy

               

A day after CNY 2014 , I took this picture and sent to Prissy after we had our viber chat as usual. I was having high fever and sore throat. I wasnt really worried so much coz I knew I will be fine but of course I didnt dare to take any medicine as I was in my 6th month pregnancy.  I suppose to blog about my husband's proposal, wedding then my pregnancy but always been so lazy and now finally Im in the mood to blog about what had happened to me since the past 3 months. 3 months sound so short but I learned so much and experienced heaps. 
In order for me to get better, as usual, I hid myself under thick quilt without air con and drank lots of warm water. My mother in law (MIL) started to get worried and boiled barli and liang desserts for me. However it didnt work. My sister in law even massaged my feet referring to a "xue dao"'s book. I didn't get any better but truly appreciate my mom and sis in law effort in helping me to recover. Tony definitely worried because it wasnt a good sign to get sick when I was pregnant. I posted in fb and googled what happened when a pregnant mom had fever and flu. It seemed like not a super big deal and it could be cured. 


The next day I went to see gynae in Brunei coz I didn't get any better. I didn't get an ultrasound because I wanted to let my gynae in Normah Kuching to scan as I want to deliver my baby there. Doctor prescribed antibiotic and panadol but I didn't take till the next morning I took one panadol coz I felt so much insecure. So we decided to fly to Kuching the next day since my due date was in 3 months time. I might as well just 
enjoy my last 3 months pregnancy there.
Then here I was in Kuching International Airport around 9pm. My sis and bro in law already waited for me at Normah Hospital as I decided to go to the emergency so that I can see my gynae as soon as possible. I had gastric when I was on the plane . We rented a car and the service was so slow at the airport. I was already in pain and yet the car not yet there. 
Then Tony drove me to the hospital. Immediately I was sent to emergency. A doctor came to check on me and I seemed alright. then I was admitted to the ward. 
Since then Tony was keeping me company in the hospital. He had to sleep on the colorful lazy chair which costed around rm 15 per day ( I cant really remember the exact amount but def more than rm 15). I was given medicine which I didn't remember. The next day my mom flew in and uncle aunty and colin visited me as well. We sorted out the insurance thingy as per room charge is rm 500 per night. I didn't know how long I should stay in the hospital. 
The next day we went to see gynae at 8am . Good news was that baby was alright , just a lil bit stressed out due to my high temperature. Gynae suggested me to see a doctor then  found out that I had tonsillitis. How can i possibly get it as it happened mostly on children.  


I always been afraid of needles on me  and here you are...Guess what...after the first day... I lost all my memories then I started to have illusion.. I had so much dreams which some were real and unreal. 





My sister told me I passed through my nightes at Normah with gastric pain. I screamed in pain every night till nurses and cleaners were freaked out. It was like a curse that after 6pm I had gastric pain. My family had no idea what went wrong till doctors informed us that the medicine I was taking had side effect which was gastric. Then they decided to dose me via my buttock. 
Later on my dad and mil came as well but I had no memories on that. Guess it must be a terrible experience that I cant even recall it. Due to my yelling and screaming, my gynae scolded and lectured me to grow up and to be strong but she had no idea that I was really in pain instead of manja-ing. During the time I was in Normah, I begged to go home and asked for traditional medicine treatment but it seemed not working coz I needed proper treatment. My sis even invited a chinese traditional doctor to give me some medicine and Tony invited his pharmacist friend for medicine. Still .. I didn't get any better. 
Tony told me that ENT doctor wanted to do operation on my throat due to my tonsillitis but its harmful to me as I was pregnant. Cesarean is definitely a no to me.... 
My condition got worse then after a week Normah decided not to treat me because they couldn't take premie ( if I delivered that time they wouldnt be able to treat my baby). Then they sent me to Sarawak General Hospital. My family thought i was conscious as my eyes were opened widely when I was being sent to the GH. Unfortunately I had no idea whats going on. But I remember I had so much dreams and illusions....

0 comments:

Post a Comment