Saturday, 4 August 2012

The Track of Love ; The Track of Fear

Mr. Don Miguel Ruiz shared about "The Track of Love & Fear" in his "The Mastery of Love" and Rabbit is totally impressed by how he can illuminate our relationship. I highly recommend my friends to read this book. In case you haven't, below are the quotes form the book. Happy Reading avioneee :)

We can say that the normal kind of relationship in this world is based 95 percent of fear and 5 percent on love. Of course, this will change depending upon the people, but even if fear is 60 percent and love is 40 percent, still it is based on fear.

Love has no obligations. Fear is full of obligations.
Real Scenario: I have to admit that I have so much fear in my relationship. For example, I cook dinner for my boyfriend everyday. Therefore I assume that I am the best gf. So I expect other to do something good to me to appreciate my effort.  This situation makes me suffer because I do because I have to not because I want to. If i am in love, things that I do becomes a pleasure and I have fun with it. 

Love has no expectation. Fear is full of expectations.
Real Scenario: I have high expectation especially on someone I think I love. For example, I think I am always there for him. Therefore , I have to be the first to know whats going on on him. I must know what he is doing even when he poops. That is why I feel hurt and unfair. I blame others for not fulfilling my expectations. However, If I am in love, I won't have expectations. Whatever I do, its because I want to and even if others dun do it, its because they want to and its nothing personal. 

Love is always kind. Fear is always unkind.
Real Scenario: When I was in a relationship, I feel safe if my boyfriend always stay beside and his schedule was under my control. If not, I am upset, jealous and angry. All these emotions come from fear and crate sufferings. If I am in love, I am kind. I have  no obligations, no expectations. I don't feel sorry for myself or my partner. Everything is going well for me and I always have smile on. Love is always kind, and that kindness makes you generous and opens all the doors. Love is generous, Fear is selfish. 

Love is unconditional. Fear if full of conditions.
Real Scenario: I used to be in love because I accepted the good and romance that my partner did to me. I accepted the love because of the love I received. However when I received lesser than I expected, I started to question alot and I gave less as well. I love you only if you fit into my perfect boyfriend image, if you are good to me. If I am in love, I love you for no reason, with no justification. I love you the way you are and you are free to be you are. If I don't like the way you are, then I'd better be with someone who is the way I like her to be. We don't have the right to change anyone else. 

Theres so much more about fear and love from this chapter. I see myself even clearer. I have to learn to give more than taking. And of course, I love myself so much that I don't allow selfish people to take advantage of me. Selfishness, control and fear will break almost any relationship. Generosity, freedom, and love will create the most beautiful relationship:an on going romance.

Rabbit do not want to live in her illusion thinking that she is in love. I do not wan to think I am in love but I want to practise it.

The only way to master love is to practise love. You don't have to justify your love, you don't need to explain your love; you just need to practise your love. Practise creates the master.

0 comments:

Post a Comment