Monday, 16 July 2012

3R Day

To Do During Free Time!!

What do you do during your free time ? Wana join rabbit for recycling ? hehehe In Singapore, rabbit will join Tzu Chi's recycling every second Sunday of the month. I stay at Pioneer therefore I will go to the nearest recycling point which is at Jurong East Ivory Heights Blk 124 St 13 from 9am till 12 pm. What do we do there ?  Apparently most neighborhoods know about our activity, hence they will send over their recycling items to the point then we will separate the items accordingly. This activity is to create public awareness about environmental living. 

Last Saturday Rabbit attended recycling training which was held at Redhill Free Clinic. We had seniors to instill us the knowledge and the importance of recycling. Why do we need to support recycling ? Reason is because we been wasting too much natural resources and that caused to lots and lots of natural disaster. Im sure all of you are clear with the reason or you could google it :p so I do not have to elaborate much more here :p 

Do you know that 
1. Recycling 50kg of paper = saving one 20-year-old tree
2. Recycling 10kg of metal can = saving 5.7 litres of crude oil 
3. Recycling 1 aluminum can = saving electricity for 3 hours of TV time
4. It takes 1 litre ( 0.2 gallon) of petroluem energy to produce 32 PET bottles. PET plastic bottles can be recycled to make sleeping bag, winter coats, stuffing for stuffed toys, zippers, binding bands, industrial plastics, heat sealable films, and many other things. Recycling plastic is better than producting new plastic because the process requires 50 percent less energy. 
5. Garbage Lifespan
Newspaper  1-3years
Cotton  1-5 years
Leather  50 years
Wood & bamboo 200 years
Disposable diapers 500 years
Aluminum cans 500 years
Glass bottles 1,000 years
Polyfoam  Forever
Plastic Forever

I was shocked when I went thro the garbage lifespan. I was just gona consider of using adult diapers since I pee so much :p The training provided was fun because we watched few helpful and touching videos about our earth and the efforts taken by volunteers to make sure our earth goes green. As usual, delicious food been provided and I personally ate 20 over grapes, 3 sandwiches and one "fa gao" . OMG !!! I am feeling really fat right now. Of course we were taught of the Recycling Song. We sing and dance it before we start our monthly activity. Fun-nya~~~~ 








Lastly there are four questions that you could ask yourself before purchasing:
1. Is it truly necessary?
2. Is it suitable?
3. Can it be repeatedly used?
4. Can it be easily recycled?
If all above answers are NO, you may have to re-consider if you really need to buy this item .
So my dear Sg friends, why not join me for our recycling :) Of course it is not just limited at Jurong East. There are lots more points all around Sg. Drop me a comment if you interested :)


Rabbit back to Chinatown.
As been mentioned Rabbit has skin problem due to food allergic . So I am back again to see the handsome chinese doctor. One thing special about this doctor is that he asked me the same question twice : You face this problem when you were in China ? This is really weird to me because I have a strong Malaysia Slang LOL!!!



If you visit Chinatown often, you definitely have seen this signboard - "The Sensual " . To me this is definitely more than normal massage because its "Sensual" ;) :p Maybe you should give it a try and see if theres extra service :p


I was window shopping at Chinatown street while waiting for Zua & Grace. I had dinner date with them because been ages I dun see them. Probably just few weeks :p One thing good to be free sometimes is that you could catch up with your buddies often . I suggested the vegeterian restaurant my mom brought me but zua didnt really favored :p Poor Grace was sick and I felt guilty for asking her out . Hope your alright now. 
Guess what !! Chinatown has this cute wedding house (of coz is for chinese wedding ceremony). If you are planning to get married and you want a chinese wedding ceremony then this will be the right place. Unfornately I cant remember the shop name so just try your luck here :p 




After our simple dinner, we went for the famous desserts house which is "very obvious to be found" :p Zua ordered the durian flavor which I wasnt favor because I am a durian person who doesnt like durian product :p If you like durian product then this is def a must try desserts. Now I feel like eating 3 kg of durians again !!!! huhuhuhu
FYI zua really likes to kacau Grace and guess thats the reason Grace is so in love w him hehehehe I always laugh so much when I am with them. huanny- nya!!! Talk about zua ah, never say good things about me because he likes to tease me alot and the worst thing is ... I have to repeat this many times :p  There was one time ahh I was very upset so I wa him and wanted to share with him. However before I was able to share, he already scolded me -_-!!! LOL But frankly, he is really a reliable friend. I have been knowing him since I was in uni and he never fail to be the good friend. And I am even happier that he dates with Grace , such a sweet and wonderful lady. Yer~~ Why I am surround by so many wonderful friends... Im so touched hahahahahha





Lastly I would like to complain that why we chinese like to talk about piggy all the time. When we are angry with someone we say " lazy like a pig" " fat like a pig" "eat like a pig" " dirty like a pig" "pighead" . so upset thinking of that. I said that too actually T_T I think pigs are adorable and they have to been slaughtered just to feed us . Poor little creature. So start from today let us try to reduce the metaphor we used about pig. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment