Tuesday, 25 November 2014

A Preemie Milestones

Having a baby with the man of your life is one of the happiest news in the world. Awaiting for the arrival of your baby is truly exciting. However , when your baby is born premature, things change (Still thankful that my baby is normal and healthy). Having a premature is no longer an extraordinary thing nowadays. I also have no idea why this happen. For my case, its because baby Arthur couldn't stand the stresses inside my womb so he decided to come out in order to save my and his life. 
I never encounter any preemie so I had no idea how to take care of one. I didn't even do any research because I totally had no idea where to start. What I can do was leave it to God and learn from the nurses in Sarawak General Hospital. I had wrong expectation for a newborn preemie. I asked myself, What!! How come my baby is not cute at all!!! I was wrong in a way that he suppose to be in mummy's womb. He was born in his 29 weeks. Thats quite early to me and he had infection too. 


Age : new born 
He totally had no idea whats going on except been poked on hands and head. Im sure he was filled with fear because he wasn't been held and been talked. Tony and I couldn't hold and hug him except his tiny little fingers. I was on my wheel chair and his incubator was way too high for me to touch him. 




Age : one month 18/4/14
We realised that his head shape was really sharp. We were quite concerned about the shape because he wont be looking good in future. Therefore everytime we visited him, Tony ll make sure we put towel on the other side of his head so that he dun sleep one side only.




                                                               Age :  two month 11/5/14
I was with baby Arthur in the hospital for rooming in provided by GH. It was really scary experience to me because he felt so insecure and he cried all the time. I had to breastfeed him for about 1 1/2 hour every few hours and he wouldn't not sleep till 2am. He had sleepless time. I didn't know why. Then I know that it was because he had so much fear moving from NICU to the new ward. Nurses told me he must be super clingy but everyone was wrong. He was just in fear. 



                                                              Age :  two months  24/5/14
                                             Corrected Age :  new born
Hes home finally. This suppose to be his due date . So he is actually 1 day old hehe. He woke up every few hours . I was really tiring because I never tried waking up every 2 hours at night. I didnt know much about him yet so what I can do was make sure I changed his diapers, bathed him and fed him.


                                                           Age :  two months  24/5/14



Age : two months 1/6/14



                                  Age : three months 15/6/14
Corrected Age :  one month old
He didn't smile till Nicole came over and made him smiled. I was surprised. I was quite worried about his progress as he dun smile at all. I was wondering if he was upset all the time. I forgot that he was actually one month old and before that his peacefulness been disturbed. 


       Age : three months 29/6/14


                     Age : four  months 7/7/14
Corrected Age :  two months old
He actually turned with help and we were like wowo amazing kid then we realised that it wasn't the proper way. Everything will happen when the time is ready. So we no longer assist him to turn. He made stretching noises most of the time. Everyone said no stretch no grown. Then I understand he was not feeling good. That's why he had the sound. Arthur had constipation problem because he is on formula milk. I duno how to deal with that. I let him had probiotic and also Frisolac Comfot then ended up diarrhea. It was really headache for not knowing how to cure him. 


     Age : four months 10/7/14

Age : four months 17/7/14


                   Age : five months 4/8/14
Corrected Age :  three months old
Every month there will be a certain period of time when he will struggle and didn't wan to drink milk. He was actually hungry but he just dun wana drink. Everytime u put milk bottle into his mouth then he screamed and struggled like hell. Only recently I been told that he was having colic pain. There is no reason for this baby sickness and it happens on particular time. We were silly enough to think he was shocked lol . At this month, he finally smiled. I stimulated him alot by teasing him and talking to him and making lots of funny voices. One day midnite finally he smiled to me. I was really thankful. 


 Age : five months 17/8/14


 Age : five months 19/8/14


 Age : six months 15/9/14
Corrected Age :  four months old
Amazing month. Arthur learned to turn a bit and he smiled everytime he woke up from his nap. He is a super happy boy. I love his smile. 


 Age : seven months 13/10/14
Corrected Age :  five months old


Arthur looks more and more define. Or you could say look like a girl. Its ok . as long as he is happy and healthy. He turns most of the time and I dun feel troublesome at all because turning is a blessing to me. i was so worried about his motor skill. Look like it all fine. 

 Age : seven months 15/10/14


Age : eight  months 2/11/14
Corrected Age :  six months old
Arthur is getting busier as I bring him often nowadays. Only during his free time ( when hes awake from his nap, after 2 hours we must go home). He smiles more and more and hes more alert now. He used to caugh easily but now seem better. finger cross his immune system is geeting better and better. 

Age : eight months 9/11/14



Age : eight months 11/11/14
Corrected Age :  six months old
Hi my preemie. You are the special one and I believe we will have more miracles baby. This month Arthur can turn so much and he is trying to sit up. U can tell he is growing up. Thanks Lord for this wonderful baby. I am really thankful for all his milestones. Definitely slowly than the same age babies but its okay. You are definitely doing super.. 



To all preemie mothers: We gather information from adults, web and friends. At the end of the say, we mother know the best what our children want. Things that we learn are only guidelines. Your child is unique. We might make comparison but remember every child is the only one. We take advises but we choose the best to our kids. Sometimes the advises might be cruel but be confident and remember how wonderful we are as a mother. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment