Tuesday, 18 November 2014

Re-tune Friendship



We all know Friendship  is a relationship of mutual affection between two or more people. MUTUAL is the key word. All these while, I believe in quantity than quality but I neglected mutual. I believe as long as its unconditional then its all worth it. However , many of my personal thoughts changed after I been through a critical moment in my life. I am awared that every relationship depends strongly on both parties. We should balance up the relationship. 
First of all, we shouldn't take our friends for granted. I believe, you definitely have friends whose always there for you no matter what. He or she probably be the one that always greet you and send energy to you. Hence you start to take it for granted. I face the same situation for years ( maybe 8 or more years) . Never too late. At least I realised it happened to me.
I think it is quite hurtful when you have friends ignored your message for at least 5 times or dun share with you some important issues in his or her life. Actually its not just about sharing or not, but its respect and honor. For example, I am in motherhood journey and some of my close friends don't . But it never stop me from sharing with them because you care about them. Just like you share everything or mostly to your family members because you care. 
So its a reminder to myself to re tune my friendship towards some particular friends. I wouldnt unfriend but I will re tune or redefine it. 
I am very clear I need friends who respect and honor me. You do not need to share w me every moments of your life but I feel your respect and honor. Theres no guideline on "taking granted" but somehow we know it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment