Tuesday, 18 November 2014

Career Switch to a housewife

I quit my job as a Chemical Engineer last August when I decided to start a new journey with the man I love. I took quite sometimes (though still fast) to think of the consequence but I was naive or innocent to think love can overcome everything. And then I found out I was pregnant right after my husband and my mother in law " 提亲". My mom suggested to look for a job after I delivered baby because most mother wouldn't advise their daughters to be a housewife because there are too much uncertainty. For example , what if your husband had an affair and you lost everything? What happen when you do not have savings? What happen when you are left out from the society ? What happen and what happen and more what happen. Unfortunately it was hard for a foreigner to look for job in Brunei as I married to the country. So I stayed home for my pregnancy and it was quite relaxing though really boring and I felt so useless. But good thing was I did enzyme and recycling at home and watched da ai tv most of the time and most important I spent quality time with my mother in laws. 
After delivered I was recovery from severe illness so of course I couldn't work plus I have a premature baby who needs my full attention. When the motherhood started, I couldn't cope with it and I blamed my husband of course. I think I sacrificed so much for blames and doubts from others. I hated my life. Why would I chose a path that make myself look so miserable. I must be blinded by love. I started to worry about my savings and my freedom. I lost EVERYTHING. I am taking care of a son that dun even carry my surname. I am doing something that do not promise a future. I lost hope. I no longer had freedom to go everywhere. I am like a caged woman. 
Therefore, my husband was really worried about my condition because everything didnt seem as what we expected. 
Guess Lord heard our prayer and day by day I find out this is an amazing journey. Nowadays, most women are highly educated . Hence, we think we have to be financial independent and we can voice out anything we wan. We wan gender equality. Thats how we been raised up. 
When I learn to let go my fear of losing something and appreciating what I am having, You have no idea how happy and enjoy I am in this journey. I couldn't guarantee everything will be a beautiful but it all depend how you define happiness. My happiness bring joyful to both my son and husband. We argue alot. Obviously I am full of ego and opinions. But this journey bring me to let go my ego slowly and learn to listen and fully committed to my family. 
Look at my son baby arthur. He is such a cheerful baby because he has a happy parents. Because of my happiness, he smiles and laughs from the moment he wakes up. Of course he still cries when he wants something and we do not know what he want but overall he is a super happy boy. 
My husband has tons of work in his office and he is trying his hard to build up his team. As a wife, my job is to stay positive and enjoy my motherhood so that he feels worth it for all his stress at work. We just started our new journey and money of course is a huge issue. The more we enjoy our life (not to spend like crazy women ) the happier our husband is. 
I asked my husband, which type of women attracted you most? sexy linger? cleavage?
NO he answered. Positive energy women attract him most and make him wana kiss her whole day and have many many babies with her HAHAHAHAH. 
Therefore, if you are thinking of a career switch to a housewife, why no!! Go for it as long as your husband can afford and look after your family with your full heart. Equipped yourself with knowledge and happiness because this is the energy your husband and children need. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment