Saturday, 7 January 2012

Devil Chocolate Cake

One of the challenge that I would like to try in year 2012 is baking. Why is it a challenge coz I hardly bake. It was like ten years ago when i had my first and last baking . Honestly Im really crap in it. Year passed and I got lazy . So I seeked help from Mr. Pablo whose being so passionate in baking and cooking. Without hesitation he agreed to teach me in cake baking and roasted chicken baking. Such a lovely and helpful friend he is. Im sure baking wouldnt be as interesting and easy and fast if not coz " My Teacher" been prepared everything for me . When I just reached hes house, everything is ready. Hes lovely wife is there to help as well hes maid. So touched. He has a really sweet and lovely family. I like the way he talks to hes wife. Full w respects and cares.


What do we need before we start to bake the "Devil Chocolate Cake".


Ingredients:
4 eggs
4 cup sugar
1 pack of  butter (softened)
3 cups flour

4 mini cup cocoa powder
 1/2 teaspoon baking soda1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Strawberries for toping

Procedures:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Butter and flour a 10-inch springform pan.
Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt 3 times, set aside. Cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs 1 at a time beating well after each addition.
Combine the buttermilk, coffee and vanilla extract.Mix in 1/3 of the dry ingredients, then half the wet ingredients. Repeat with the remaining dry and wet ingredients,  finishing with dry. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Bake for 1 hour, until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. remove the cake from the pan after 15 minutes. Cool completely. Cut the cake into 2 layers.
Sandwich whipped ganache between the 2 layers and spread more ganache on the top and sides of the cake. Wrap the chocolate covered acetate around the cake, chocolate side in, overlapping the ends slightly. Then decorate the top with strawberries.


Note: Im not 100% sure about the ingredients and procedures as I didnt take note and was in a hurry to finish my task. Sorry if the info is incorrect or inaccurate.






The Baking Process
First time baking Real Cake. So excited and its really fun.


Concentrating is making sure the choco cream cover every part of the cake
Finally heres my Angel Chocolate Cake w Strawberries Topping
Proudly Present
The cake wouldnt be a cake wout Mr. Pablo's help

Cute Guinea Pig . They makes cute noises as well
This cat is napping and it doesnt realise i took pic of it.
I must get myself an oven so that I can continue my baking journey. But i knw im always lazy to cook. Hopefully Ill hv more cooking class if " my teacher " willing to spare time w me :p hehehe
Btw, the cake IS REALLY DELICIOUS. Im not a choc lover but this one is definitely different. I can still feel the choc in my mouth. Yum Yum!!!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment