Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Happy Dragon Year 年初一

Happy Chinese New Year EVERYONE!!! The first thing in my mind when I just woke up this morning ... I NEEDA PEE ... NOLAH :P The first thing that came across my mind during this CNY was Thank God Im still alive here receiving calls from my family members to send me their best regards. New Year New Hope. New Hope is what we hope the best for our family and our loved ones. Ive been on this earth for 27 years and always been blessed by my awesome family. No matter what and how old I turn, they never leave me. Here I hope my family happy and stay healthy :))
What did Rabbit do in Brunei This Dragon Year?
Surpringly most local Chinese visit temple during chinese new year eve and the first day . In Sibu not as much coz mostly are Christian. I saw parents brought their dressed up kids to pray for their health, study and happiness.

I hardly dress up like them. Mom should have made me cheongsam when i was young.Now I complain :p

People Mountain People Sea.

Media people are taking group picture. They have to work even on pubic holiday :/

Phiweett... Three beautiful ladies attracted lots of attention

Red is always my favourite. The two kids are just so adorable in their red cheongsam.

Three Sister and One Big Sister.
Note: They are not my kids. Im still single k :p



Reluctantly taking pic w me :p



Honestly I dun really agree to burn incense to prove our sincerity. Its not only harm our environment but directly to our health. Thats one of the reason I dun visit temple as much.

Mom wanted me to pray for my marriage but who care. LOL

Lion Dance everywhere in town. However I found this dragon underweight. Maybe he should eat more. Btw this lion dance happened in Giant Rimba.

Lions are invited to "Cai Ching" , literally mean "plucking the green" and red evelope which contains money. Lion dance believes to bring good luck and business to all the businessmen.

Group Photo of the Giant Management ( I guess)

Mandarine Orange is our traditions symbols. We have to eat it during CNY but overload will cause you coughing and sore throat. So dun overdose .

When I first stepped out from the car, I was " Wah!!! Shai ma ah!!" . Everything is well set up. I thought this happen in temple only. I love the flowers and how they prepare for the ceremony.

Thanks Michelle's family for their hospitality. Never thought "Nian Gao" could be fried with yam. Its absolutely delicious. Its consider good luck to eat "Nian Gao" because it symbolises "higher year" which mean you will have a better year.

蓮子木耳糖水
Once you drink it, you will stay happy througout the year and stay sweet with your partner and your family.

This is a really touching moment where you have to say good words to bless the eldery. I do that often but its not really a practise in my family. I think this is a good practise coz eldery like blessing esp from their young kids.After the blessing then you will be given an angao for good luck. 

Rano first time blessing grandma in chinese. He was so nervous.

Lions are still resting. Getting ready for their show.

I love small kid in red especially cheongsam. Beautiful!! 
Such a CHINESE NEW YEAR cake.

Another well dressed up pretty princess.

May the lion dance brings good luck and fortune to GHK business.

Awesome performance.
Hotel Guests were so excited about the lion dance at Radison Hotel, Brunei Darussalam.
 
After few visiting, I had to sit down for a rest. Tired but happy



I used to be so scared when Im near to lion. but guess the fear disappear when i grow older.

Once again
祝願大家在全新的生肖年裡:龍體健壯,龍翻運騰,龍精神猛,龍年大吉


0 comments:

Post a Comment